- 5 Ways Podcasts Can Help Build Brand Recognition
- Podcast Success Statistics
- 5 Ways That Podcast Help Build Brand Recognition
- Podcast Best Practices
- Build Brand Recognition with Podcasts
5 Ways Podcasts Can Help Build Brand Recognition
A podcast is one of the bets brand awareness tools. Podcasts are a popular medium for advertising businesses and the products or services, and that popularity is due to a number of reasons.
Podcasts provide an engaging medium for the audience to learn more about your business and marketing your brand. The reason is that people tend to be more inclined towards developing interest and trust listening to something as compared to when they read some text or watch an animation video.
Many businesses use podcast marketing for different purposes that include sharing information regarding new products, general information, or creating brand awareness among the audience. As you incorporate different podcasts in your marketing plan, you get to extract benefits for your company in a multidirectional approach.
Still not sure why podcasts are great? Let’s check out some statistics that will definitely change your mind;
Podcast Success Statistics
The number of US citizens who listen to audio podcasts has increased to a double amount in the last decade and will project the growth for the anticipated future. As the people’s interest in listening to these podcasts has increased significantly, an elevating number of advertisement agencies are using the trend for the promotion of their services and products.
Increase in the number of podcasts listeners in USA
The growth of podcast listenership in the USA has increased by 37.5% in only 3 Years. In 2017, 40% of Americans had listened to a podcast, while in 2020, the number has increased to 55%.
As projected by the Podcasting Audit Study by Bridge Ratings, the advertising agencies are expected to spend 500 million USD on podcast advertisements this year. This significant growth in the field shows how important podcasts are for advertising and branding that advertising agencies are heavily banking on this marketing technique.
Now that its clear podcasts are the future of advertising and branding, let’s figure out how podcasts can help you build brand recognition.
5 Ways That Podcast Help Build Brand Recognition
Without wasting your time, we will include the top 5 ways that will help you use the power of podcast marketing to make your business known and stand tall among the crowd.
1. Improve Traffic Generation
One of the ways podcasts help build brand recognition is through traffic generation. Many buyers referring to a business website for a brand have actually first referred to the podcast. According to research, 54% of podcast listeners like to buy advertised products on podcasts.
Podcast promotion service help build a better connection of the audience with the brand through which they can relate to the content provided on the website. The overall picture drawn through the words helps people to get familiar with the brand, know its mission and products in depth.
Resultantly, it builds an environment of trust through the word-of-mouth factor leading to improved traffic generation. With the improved credibility, your audience will approve, share, and comment on your podcast, which will help your business reach more people and improve your client base.
2. Relationship Building
According to psychology, hearing someone talk about a thing can amplify the credibility of the topic being talked about. As discussed above, this helps create a safe environment for developing trust between the potential client and the brand, which is the key element towards relationship building.
So, when a third person is involved in explaining a business to potential clients, the listeners get a better view of the company and the products without even a direct interaction. The communicator’s own credibility enhances the technique’s effects, and the questions discussed are those that the public wants to know the answers to.
Thus, the process of a detailed talk ultimately develops an environment of friendship that results in improved credibility for a business in the eyes of the client.
3. Better Conversions
It is a new company or an already existing one; podcast marketing helps increase conversion rates for a business.
Let’s consider an example to know how it increases this conversion rate. There might be a lot of websites that come under the niche your business is specific in, but the actual number of specific podcasts to the targeted market and the niche would be (more likely) quite lesser in number.
Now, this difference provides the following benefits:
- Promote brand awareness which is especially a blessing for new businesses.
- Positioning your brand as the authority.
- Providing value to the already existing clients.
4. Expanded Learning Opportunities
Much of the learning resources for a brand campaign include advertisement material, eBooks, reports, and other resources of that kind. However, the problematic thing about these resources is that they involve minimum sensory participation and are formal in language.
Through podcasting, one can develop a better insight into a business as in a marketing podcasts, there are opportunities for many like-minded people to interact together as they share their experience together.
This allows the audience to get to know the brand better from different perspectives and receive answers to many of the questions in their mind. So, you can now understand why the number of podcast listeners is increasing.
5. Easiest Way of Marketing
Podcasts are easy to produce and are an affordable way to market. All you require for production is a microphone, a quiet room, a recording device, and editing software.
Another vital thing not to miss is the podcast description because, after your podcast name and logo, the next most important thing for potential listeners is your podcast description. So, it must be good. Our advice is to start it with a question, add some episode highlights and useful, interactive information.
After producing your podcast episode, share this in your blog and your social media channels to build brand recognition. Not only that, but you can also monetize your podcasts with advertisements, collaborations with popular personalities or brands, sponsorships, affiliate marketing, media summits, and much more.
Podcast Best Practices
Did you think that we will just tell you the benefits of podcasting for improving your brand recognition and leave you hanging without giving some juicy tips to improve your marketing scene?
If so, you are wrong, friends. Here are 5 quick podcast best practices for better marketing podcasts;
- Respect your Listeners’ Time: One thing you must be concerned about while making podcasts is to respect your listeners’ time. No one likes to waste their hours listening to long talks. Thus, it’s a must to shrink the duration of podcasts to a digestible length for your audience.
- Plan the Content: It is good to plan out the content beforehand, so you know what you will talk about in your podcast. Is it going to be educational with an element of advertisement for your business? Or is it going to be a conversation about different concerns one has in the particular marketing niche? The idea is to plan the content and the framework strategically.
- Promote and Distribute: Podcast is not just about talking; you need to rightly promote and distribute your landing pages, email subscription offers like newsletters, discount codes, and other things through the podcast and the textual content it delivers.
- Emulate and Improvise: As you begin looking out for engaging content to be broadcast in your podcast, it is better to look through similar niches and brands advertising a similar product or service.
This will help you see the missing spots where you can improve your content and build a brand podcasting that actually works for you. To truly build brand recognition in a way that impresses the audience, it is wise to cover all the critical points of a topic through listening to different podcasts.
- Use High-Quality Tools: It is always a good idea to work for bettering your audio quality so your audience can have an incredible experience with your podcast. Make sure your audio quality isn’t creating any hindrance in the communication and take help from the latest tools, including a preamp, reaper, condenser microphones, and other related software programs.
Build Brand Recognition with Podcasts
For every business, the first step in drawing more customers is by creating brand awareness for the company, products or services, and podcasts help you do exactly that and more. So, stop getting tensed when it comes to advertising your brand and start using marketing podcasts to communicate effectively with your audience. It is the best option that will rule the future of advertising.
Not only podcasts help you build better credibility for your brand but also you help the audience get a better insight into the product or service. This is why when you build a brand podcasting strategy for your business; you create a better overall approach towards bridging the gap for communication with your intended audience in an effective way.